Master Degree Admission
There are several admission routes available for The Graduate Program of The Faculty of Social and Political Science :
1. Regular Track
Intended for regular applicants who will finance their own study, or applicants who will receive financial support by their institution, and applicants those are waiting for The Ministry scholarship, including BPPDN.
2. Partnership Track
Intended for applicants who are employees of active partner institutions of UGM, who will receive financial support from their institution, proven by effective MOU.
3. International Track
For applicants with non-Indonesian nationality.
Academic requirement of The Graduate Program of The Faculty of Social and Political Science:
1. Minimum Graduate GPA of:
a. ≥ 2,30 within the scale of 4 or equivalent, for applicants from Undergraduate Programs with A accreditation, or;
b. ≥ 2,75 within the scale of 4 or equivalent, for applicants from Undergraduate Programs with B accreditation, or;
c. ≥ 3,00 within the scale of 4 or equivalent, for applicants from Undergraduate Programs with C accreditation.
Applicant must submit a legalized copy of accreditation certificate to prove the accreditation status of their previous institution. Applicants who fail to submit the proof certificate will be considered graduating from a C-accredited program, and must then submit substituting documents:
2. A proof of publication in accredited scientific journal, or;
3. A statement letter from applicant’s direct superior, explaining that the applicant is assuming the minimum of echelon III position at their institution.
4. For the registrant who are the graduates of professional program (medical doctor, dentistry, pharmacist, and veterinarian), the GPA mentioned in the first point is the GPA of the undergraduate and professional degree;
5. For the international registrant, they should submit the diploma equivalency documents from DIKTI;
6. Having a valid BAPPENAS Academic Potential Test or UGM Graduate Academic Potential Test, at least 2 years after the issuance of the certificate;
7. Having a valid English proficiency test score, at least 2 years after the issuance of
certificate, proven by the certificate:
a. Academic English Proficiency Test (AcEPT) by UGM, or;
b. International English Testing System (IELTS) from IDP certified institutions, or;
c. Internet-Based (IBT) TOEFL from IIEF certified institutions, or;
d. Institutional Testing Program (ITP) TOEFL from IIEF certified institutions.
The registrants who meet the requirements above are able to apply to be the participants of the graduate program which has the same field with the undergraduate program or other fields approved by The Chairman of Study Program.